Toyota Motor Corp. reportedly is calling back about 646,000 vehicles because of a possible brake problem, including 470,000 sold outside Japan. The recall encompasses four models, all built between July 22, 1999, and July 5, 2000: the Yaris Verso, Scion xB, Celica and MR-S. In Japan the Scion xB is known as the bB and the Yaris Verso is called the Fun Cargo. Toyota says no accidents or injuries have been reported relating to the defective brakes, which can cause oil to leak, resulting in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Recalls 646,000 Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.