Toyota Motor Corp.’s U.S. dealers say they are experiencing high demand for the all-new Prius gas-electric hybrid vehicle. Toyota reports about 10,000 orders for the ’04 model have been placed prior to its Oct. 17 debut. Breaking that figure down, some 3,000 are pre-orders; 4,000 are advance public and private fleet orders; more than 1,200 are orders from Toyota’s rental car operation, TRAC; and more than 1,200 orders have been placed through an early-buyer Internet program dubbed “Prius ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Reporting High Demand for Prius" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.