Toyota Motor Corp. drops the tops on two new models, set to launch in April. The 2-seat MR2 Spyder, with a base price of $23,098, is the first in a spate of new roadsters to directly challenge the Mazda Miata. Toyota has initial plans to sell 5,000 of its MR2 Spyder, which joins the Echo and Celica as the third vehicle in the automaker's youth-oriented “Genesis” marketing sub-brand. Toyota says it plans to keep volumes low in accordance with its plan to sell the vehicle to young ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Rolls Out Convertible MR-2, Solara" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.