Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. sales in July were its highest for the year in no small part due to the nation’s cash-for-clunkers, or Car Allowance Rebate System, program. Overall, Toyota sold 174,872 units last month, 30.8% ahead of June but trailing year-ago 11.4%, according to Ward’s data. Vehicles benefiting most from the CARS program were the Toyota Prius, Camry, Corolla and RAV4, Bob Carter, Toyota Div. group vice president and general manager, tells media during a conference call. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Sales Down in July, Despite Boost From Clunkers Scheme" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.