Toyota Motor Corp. says it sold a record 755,633 vehicles in Europe last year. The 2002 tally of 21,156 Lexus and 734,477 Toyota vehicles represents a 13.5% increase over 2001 sales of 666,035. It marks the sixth consecutive year Toyota sales in the region reached record levels. The Yaris sold an all-time high of 212,618 units last year, a 1% increase over 2001. The RAV4 also set sales records, increasing 51% over 2001 sales to 95,546 units. The RAV4 is Europeâ€™s best-selling SUV, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Sales Reach Record in Europe â€“ Again" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.