Onsite suppliers at Toyota Motor Corp.’s new San Antonio, TX, truck plant are having difficulty finding qualified workers to fill manufacturing jobs, Ward’s learns. There are 21 onsite companies, comprising the first supplier park at a Toyota North American vehicle assembly plant. The auto maker also is coming up short on competent candidates, with only half the assembly jobs filled, an executive says. The first salable Tundra fullsize pickup truck is due to roll off the line Nov. 17. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota San Antonio Scrambles for Qualified Workers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.