NEW YORK — Toyota Motor Corp. is driving toward moving its light truck segment, including sport/utility vehicles (SUVs), from about a 5% North American market share to a 9% share, says Jim Press, executive vice president of Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Press says Toyota believes it can achieve this target without additional large pickups or SUVs. However, Toyota might sell variants of those models to increase market share, he says. TMC president Fujio Cho says that the automaker also is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota says demand for SUVs remains high" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.