DEARBORN, MI – When the ’05 Avalon is unveiled by Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. early next year, expect the next-generation model to sell better with a somewhat younger clientele, says an official. Although he admits it’s unlikely the fullsize sedan ever will appeal to buyers in their mid-thirties, as does the Corolla, Jim Lentz, vice president-marketing for Toyota’s U.S. sales arm, predicts the new, more stylish Avalon will draw interest from those in their late 40s and early 50s. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Says Next Avalon Should Appeal to Younger Buyers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.