Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. finally saw an uptick in 2009 light-vehicle sales in May, albeit a 38.4% drop compared with year-ago, but still better than April’s record 41.9% plunge, Ward’s data show. TMSUSA sold 152,583 units last month, which it says marks a monthly high for the year. “Like April, May saw a boost in consumer confidence levels, a trend we would like to continue to see for the next few months,” Bob Carter, Toyota Div. group vice president and general manager, tells ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Sees Slight Rebound in May Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.