Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. says it has sold its 1 millionth certified used vehicle, an ’02 Toyota Camry, becoming the first single-line manufacturer to hit the milestone with a certified used-car program. The car was purchased at Camelback Toyota in Phoenix, AZ, and Toyota has presented a refund check for the amount of the vehicle to the buyers, among other gifts. Toyota’s Certified Used Vehicle (TCUV) program began in January 1996. Any ’98-’03 model Toyota with fewer than 65,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Sells 1 Millionth Certified Vehicle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.