DETROIT – Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. settles a lawsuit with an Alabama consulting firm hired to provide diversity training following a threatened boycott by Jesse Jackson. The firm said it did not receive a promised $1 million payment from Toyota. No terms of the settlement were disclosed. Earlier this year Jackson claimed a Toyota ad showing an African-American male with a gold SUV etched on his tooth was offensive to African Americans.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Settles with Consulting Firm" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.