Toyota Motor Mfg. Europe is set to begin exporting the first of the new Toyota Avensis models made at its Burnaston, U.K., assembly plant to Japan. Some 350 cars will be shipped July 20 from the port of Southampton, U.K., to Tahara, Japan, where they are scheduled to arrive Aug. 21. It marks the first time European-built Toyotas have been exported to Japan. The vehicle will go on sale this fall in Japan.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to Ship U.K.-made Avensis to Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.