Toyota Motor Thailand Co. reportedly plans to close one of its four auto plants and transfer production and 950 workers to the other factories. A Toyota Thailand spokesman tells the Bangkok Post the decision to halt output at its Thai Auto Works factory on the outskirts of Bangkok May 31 was made last November and is unrelated to the country’s worst political unrest in two decades that now has escalated into urban warfare. The Thai army this week began firing on its own citizens after ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to Shutter Thai Auto Works Plant, Transfer Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.