GENEVA – Toyota Motor Corp. teams with famed auto-industry styling house ItalDesign-Giugario SpA to create the Volta, an “eco-supercar” prototype that can be viewed as a high-performance kin of the hybrid-electric Lexus RX 400h cross-utility introduced at the Detroit show in January. Displayed at the recent Geneva auto show here, the concept hybrid-electric vehicle (HEV) uses the same Toyota-made 3.3L DOHC V-6 (rated at 233 hp) that will power the upcoming RX 400h. Sleek Volta ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota-Sourced Hybrid Has Fully Electronic AWD" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.