JOHANNESBURG – Toyota South Africa plans to double annual production capacity to 200,000 vehicles and launch exports to Europe. The first phase of the expansion plan will see the construction of a new paint plant, expected to cost $600 million. Toyota South Africa will export Hilux pickups to Europe. Kunio Komada, managing director Africa and Europe for parent Toyota Motor Corp., says Toyota SA will begin exporting unnamed SUVs and Hilux pickups to Europe and the rest of Africa. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota South Africa Set to Double Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.