NEW YORK -- Minority-owned suppliers will get at least $600 million worth of business from Toyota Motor Corp. this year. Additionally, Toyota will buy at least $100 million worth of services from other minority-owned businesses. Toshiaki Taguchi, president of Toyota North America Inc., made the statement at a press conference held here, where he announced the formation of a North American diversity advisory board. Taguchi says the 7-person board, to be chaired by former Secretary of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to Spend $700 Million with Minority Businesses" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.