VIENNA – Toyota Motor Corp. says it will build its first automobile manufacturing plant in Russia within the next two years. The new operation, to be named OOO Toyota Motor Mfg. Russia, will be located in Shushary, near St. Petersburg, and is scheduled to launch production in December 2007. Toyota began a serious search for a manufacturing site in Russia last year. Shushary beat out three other shortlist candidates, two located in the Moscow region and the other in the Bor district in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to Start Car Production in Russia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.