Toyota Motor Corp. has a lot riding on its Scion youth brand, the details of which are to be unveiled today at the New York Auto Show. Scion – a separate brand name akin to Lexus for the luxury segment but without the separate dealer network – is the auto maker’s latest attempt at luring seemingly elusive, younger-generation customers buying their first vehicles. Toyota denies that the now-defunct Genesis marketing group, its prior stab at catching the eye and the spending power of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Takes Another Stab at Youth Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.