BANGKOK – Toyota Motor Thailand Co. aims to have 100% local content in its 1-ton pickup trucks by 2006. It now has 80% local content in pickup trucks and 70% in its passenger cars. Officials say the planned increase may be due to economies of scale. Production of 1-ton pickups is set to surpass 100,000 units annually in three years. Production levels may increase even more, as the auto maker is mulling relocating its Japanese pickup truck production to Thailand, as well.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Targets Local Content" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.