Toyota Motor Thailand Co. Ltd. produces its 5 millionth vehicle this month, 48 years after beginning production in the Thai market. Toyota Thailand President Kyoichi Tanada will lead celebrations of the milestone early next month at the Ban Pho plant in Chachoengsao, the Bangkok Post reports. Toyota Motor Corp. entered Thailand in October 1962 with its Thai Auto Works plant at Samrong in Samut Prakan. The facility closed in May as part of a revamp of the auto maker’s global production ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Thailand to Celebrate Production of 5 Millionth Vehicle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.