BANGKOK – Toyota Thailand unveils new versions of its Hilux pickup truck and Fortuner SUV to the global media at Impact Arena here this week. Both vehicles are the fruits of the auto maker’s International Multipurpose Vehicle program, launched in 2004 to create an optimized manufacturing system and integrated supply chain for use both domestically and in the global markets. For the last five years, the Hilux Vigo, as it is called in Thailand, has been the country’s best-selling vehicle, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Thailand Looks to New-Gen Trucks to Maintain Market Traction" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.