Toyota Motor Thailand Co. Ltd. is pricing its domestically built Camry Hybrid to reflect zero import tariffs on seven components, even though the government has yet to announce a decision on the tax level. Toyota Thailand Senior Vice President Wichien Emprasertsuk says the car’s “green” components are not being produced locally. Each part carries a different tariff rate ranging from 20% to 30%. The Camry Hybrid already gets favorable tax treatment under the Japan-Thailand Economic ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Thailand Prices Camry Hybrid to Reflect Zero Import Tariffs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.