SAO PAULO – Toyota Motor Corp. plans to produce a subcompact car with the hopes of locking up 10% of the Brazilian market by 2010. "The only way to grab a 10% market share is with a high-volume car," explains Hiroyuki Okabe, president of Toyota do Brasil Ltda. The auto maker says it will produce a car with a 1L engine to attract the local subcompact market, which currently accounts for 70% of total Brazilian sales. Toyota currently holds a 1.62% share of the market for cars and light ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Wants to Produce Popular Car for Brazilian Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.