A new 75,000-seat NASCAR/Indy race track near Joliet, IL, is set to begin operations in 2001. The track is located on a 2-lane road, which owners want converted into a one-way street: one way in on Sunday mornings and reversed after racing on Sunday afternoons. The problem, however, is that the access road runs right into a church — literally. Making the road one-directional would make it impossible for about 100 people to get to and from each of two morning services, say parishioners of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Track on collision course with church" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.