ANJO, Japan – In many ways, Aisin AW Co. Ltd.’s main competitor isn’t ZF Group, General Motors Corp.’s Powertrain Operations or even Japanese rival JATCO Corp. It is Toyota Motor Corp., Aisin AW’s main customer and second-largest shareholder. The supplier – owned 58% by Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd. and 42% by Toyota, produces all 6-speed automatic transmissions for the leading Japanese auto maker, as well as nearly 1 million units, mostly 5- and 6-speeds, for such prominent European vehicle ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Transmission Maker Aisin AW Grows Along With Toyota" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.