American Honda Motor Co. Inc. will provide extended warranties on about 1.2 million Honda and Acura models with automatic transmissions because of possible problems of premature wear or failure. The new extended warranty will be for seven years or 100,000 miles (160,930 km) and covers the ’00-’01 Honda Accord, Odyssey and Prelude; ’00-’02 and some ’03 Acura 3.2 TL models; and ’01-’02 and some ’03 Acura 3.2 CL models. Honda says only 2% of the above vehicles have had transmission problems ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Transmission Problems Force Honda to Extend Warranties" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.