With the traditional Big 3 producers scrambling to bring output into line with demand, only the strength of the transplant producers is keeping industry output plans for the second-quarter from dropping more than 1.7% behind year-ago. In what has traditionally been a period of production strength as the auto makers begin the final push toward model-year-buildout and vacation downtime in the third quarter, the current slate has 4,221,700 vehicle assemblies slated for April-June – down from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Transplants Drive Second-Quarter Production Plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.