Ford Motor Co.’s Robert Rewey was bleary-eyed tired as he flew on a company jet from Cleveland, OH, back to Detroit through late-night stormy weather in 1997. H. Wayne Huizenga: Stepping down as AutoNation Inc. chairman to pursue "new entrepreneurial opportunities." As lightning crackled outside, Rewey put down the pink pages of the Financial Times he was reading and spoke to a fellow passenger about H. Wayne Huizenga, an aggressive entrepreneur down in Fort Lauderdale, FL, who ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Trash Collector Calls It Quits" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.