CHICAGO – Following failure by the American Trucking Assn. and its support from 345 trucking companies to have the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency delay changeover this October to new diesel engine technology, Caterpillar Inc. has launched a new strategy. The company is asking a federal appellate court to overturn the EPA's certification of competitor Cummins Inc.'s engine. Caterpillar contends that under certain driving conditions the Cummins technology disengages its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Truck Diesel-Engine Tussle Escalates" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.