TRAMAGAL, Portugal – Possible plans by DaimlerChrysler AG and partner Mitsubishi Motors Corp. to consolidate small commercial truck operations could be the death knell for Mitsubishi’s sole European truck plant located 150 km (93 miles) northwest of Lisbon. Mitsubishi Canter The Tramagal facility, here, currently produces Mitsubishi’s Canter truck, which recent reports indicate could replace the Mercedes-Benz Vario. Phasing out the Vario at DC’s Dusseldorf, Germany, plant ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Truck Plans Could Put Squeeze on Portugal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.