The annual meeting of the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) in Detroit once again could prove pivotal in the discussion of accidents involving trucks and cars. The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. (NHTSA) will present the latest results of front-end crashes between cars and trucks in an SAE paper at the conference March 1. The agency conducted offset front-end impact tests, crashing an Accord into a Chevy Lumina, Dodge Caravan, Ford Explorer and Chevy S-10 pickup. So far, NHTSA ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Truck Vs. Cars Again on SAE Docket" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.