STERLING HEIGHTS, MI – TRW Automotive is exploring what a headliner airbag might do to mitigate occupant injury risk during rollovers, Ward’s learns. TRW Automotive supplies a side-curtain air bag for a number of Ford SUVs. The supplier already makes side-curtain airbags that deploy parallel to a vehicle’s side windows when rollover is imminent. In addition to cushioning occupants, these devices also provide significant protection from ejection. But safety experts have said ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TRW Contemplating Headliner Airbag" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.