DETROIT – The auto industry has taken the same basic approach to managing crash energy in the passenger compartment for many years. The 3-point safety belt has been on the market for 43 years, and the airbag has been standard in U.S. cars for nearly a decade. Granted, improvements such as pretensioners and dual-stage inflators have increased the effectiveness and safety of seatbelts and air bags, but these improvements have been incremental rather than revolutionary. The companies behind ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TRW Deal Sure to Shake Up Restraints Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.