DETROIT — U.S.-based automotive supplier TRW Inc. reaches a preliminary agreement with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. (SAIC) and its Yangfeng subsidiary to produce air bags in the Shanghai area for vehicle makers in China. The parties say they expect to finalize the deal, the terms of which were not disclosed, later in the year. The preliminary agreement signed by TRW, SAIC and Yangfeng provides that the parties will eventually establish a separate manufacturing plant in the Shanghai ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TRW, SAIC reach initial agreement on air bag venture" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.