Four months after its acquisition of LucasVarity plc, TRW Inc. says it is on pace to achieve at least $200 million in cost savings. Automotive profits before taxes for the Cleveland-based company were $238.2 million in the second quarter of 1999, up from $153.1 million in '98. Still, operating margins for the quarter declined from 8.4% in '98 to 7.2% in '99. Ward's Supplier Index 7/22/'99 % Chg.Prev. Week % Chg.Yr. to Date Ward's Index 130.7 -0.7 6.3 DaimlerChrysler 86.8 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TRW Still Waits for Better Margins" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.