AlliedSignal Inc. reportedly is pushing commercialization of a new-technology hydropower helical turbine capable of extracting cheap electric power from slow-moving ocean and river currents. A report in the Financial Times says AlliedSignal is “in negotiations to install power farms off the coasts of Australia, the Netherlands, Great Britain, China and South Africa,” where ocean currents are favorable. AlliedSignal program manager for the new turbines, Ted Bajer, is quoted saying, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Turbine generates energy cheaper than oil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.