VIENNA â€“ Ford Otomotiv Sanayi A.S., the Turkish joint venture also known as Ford Otosan, will invest $630 million in the production of the next-generation Transit commercial van at its plant in Golcuk, Kocaeli province. Ford Otosan is owned 41% by Ford Motor Co. and 41% by Turkeyâ€™s Koc Group, while the remaining 18% is publicly held. Production of the new Transit is slated to begin in 2012. â€śThis significant new investment in future production at Kocaeli will help to secure the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Turkeyâ€™s Ford Otosan to Invest $630 Million in Transit Van Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.