VIENNA — Connecting the emerging markets of Eastern Europe and Asia, Turkey is gaining importance on the international automotive scene. The country, located south of the Black Sea, has quietly been the object of major investments by Renault SA, Ford Motor Co. and numerous suppliers. It also has increased exports and will help the ramp-up of other fledgling countries' automotive industries. At the center of it all is Bursa, the “Detroit of Turkey.” The two largest Turkish passenger ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Turkey's auto industry takes on strategic importance" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.