CANNES, France – Ford of Europe Inc. employees flying weekly to visit the plant in Saarlouis, Germany, will be flying into the expensive Saarlouis airport once again next year instead of nearby Luxembourg, where landing fees are lower. Stokes: "Ford decisions have been driven by cost. We need to balance better." Paul Stokes, who replaced Bruce Swift as head of purchasing at Ford of Europe in March, says the switch is an example of Ford's Total Value Management (TVM) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TVM Changes Thinking at Ford of Europe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.