Charges by United Auto Workers President Ron Gettelfinger that China mistreats its workers, are denounced by a government spokesman. The U.S. labor leader tells the Detroit Economic Club that China foments a climate that is hostile to workers and trade unions, but a spokesman for the Chinese Consulate in Chicago denies the allegation. Gettelfinger's remarks "are not the facts," says spokesman Jin Zhijian. China has health and safety legislation that governs state-run and wholly owned ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UAW Chief's Condemnation Rankles China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.