STERLING HEIGHTS, MI – The United Auto Workers union unwittingly got a glimpse of its future three months before the current financial crisis took hold of Chrysler LLC when the auto maker showed union leaders the new Fiat 500. UAW President Ron Gettelfinger says the stylish A-segment car that has taken Europe by storm was in Chrysler’s design dome in August, when he and UAW Vice President General Holiefield visited the auto maker’s headquarters. “I would challenge anybody to talk ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UAW Confident in Fiat-Led Chrysler" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.