Labor issues are among the biggest hurdles facing Magna International Inc. as it moves to close its purchase of New Venture Gear Inc. from DaimlerChrysler AG. Magna says it began negotiations with the United Auto Workers this week on a new contract for NVG employees in which it is seeking modifications to the 4-year deal signed by DC and the union last fall. New Venture Gear would complement Magna's drivetrain products, which include the all-wheel-drive system for E-Class 4Matic. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UAW Contract Next Hurdle in Magna Deal for NVG" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.