DETROIT – The United Auto Workers union hopes to reach a health-care cost reduction agreement with Ford Motor Co. before Christmas. Ron Gettelfinger, UAW president, expects the pace of talks to accelerate starting today. But there is no firm deadline, he adds. “I wanted to get it done before Thanksgiving,” Gettelfinger tells reporters during an informal breakfast meeting here. UAW President Ron Gettelfinger Ford wants the same cost relief the UAW leaders granted General Motors ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UAW Eyes Christmas Health-Care Deal at Ford" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.