The United Auto Workers union files a $3.5 million lawsuit against PACCAR Inc. on charges the truck maker cheated laid off workers out of pay and benefits following a lockout. The UAW says 500 members of UAW Local 1832 in Madison, TN, employed at PACCAR’S Peterbilt Motors Co. heavy truck facility, lost out on seven weeks of pay and benefits after they received layoff notices Aug. 26 and then were locked out by the company Sept. 3. "It’s the law. If you’re going to lay somebody off, you ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UAW Files Suit Against Paccar" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.