The United Auto Workers union says its members have approved a plan to bail out parts maker Visteon Corp., with nearly 90% voting in favor of the proposal. The plan calls for Ford Motor Co. to take control of 24 Visteon U.S. plants, which eventually will be sold or closed. Ford Back in Parts Business (See related story: Ford Back in Parts Business). The companies are expected to sign a final agreement Aug. 1 and close the deal by the end of September.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UAW OKs Visteon Bailout" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.