United Auto Workers union President Ron Gettelfinger says President Bush’s proposal to privatize Social Security and Medicare is "unsafe, unsound and unacceptable." Speaking in reference to Bush’s State of the Union address, Gettelfinger says "private savings accounts are no substitute for a universal, guaranteed social security insurance program like Social Security." He says the drop in the stock market proves privatization is not the way to go. "You can’t outlive your Social Security ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UAW Opposes Bush Social Security Proposals" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.