The United Auto Workers union has picked General Motors Corp. to take the lead in current contract negations with the Big Three, as well as serving as the union’s initial strike target should talks fail. The current 4-year labor agreement is set to expire tonight at 11:59 p.m. Ford Motor Co. and Chrysler LLC reportedly have agreements to extend their contracts while negotiations continue. In an email to local union leaders yesterday, UAW Vice President Cal Rapson said GM was the strike ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UAW Targets GM, Prepares for Possible Strike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.