VIENNA – OAO Ulyanovsky Avtomobilny Zavod (UAZ), the Russian manufacturer of SUVs and light-commercial vehicles, has begun serial production of a diesel version of the UAZ Patriot. The SUV is equipped with a 116-hp, 4-cyl. 2.3L turbodiesel engine produced by Iveco SpA and imported from Italy. The first 200 diesel-equipped Patriots are to be produced by the end of this month, with about 1,000 to be built by the end of the year and 4,500 in 2009. This year, only the UAZ Patriot Limited, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UAZ Begins Production of Patriot Equipped With Iveco Diesel Engine" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.