U.K. new-car sales rose 1.8% to 2,030,846 units in 2010, as the fleet market climbed more than 10% but private volumes slipped with the end of the government’s scrappage scheme. It was the first year-over-year growth since 2007, but the market last year was still the second lowest in the past decade and remains about 15% below pre-recession levels. December sales closed out the year down 18% from like-2009 to 123,817 units. In releasing the 2010 data, the Society of Motor ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Car Sales Inch Up in 2010" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.