Following a stronger-than-expected start to the year, new-car sales in the U.K. will reach 1.924 million units in 2010, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders now forecasts. The group earlier had predicted the year would finish at 1.817 million. April new-car sales climbed 11.5% vs. year-ago to 148,793 units, with U.K.-built vehicles again outpacing the market with a 25.5% rise. It was the 10th successive monthly increase. After four months, sales of 760,341 units are up 23.9% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Group Raises Car-Sales Forecast for 2010" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.